Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dream House

I've had several people say to me over the years of house hunting "when you find the right place, you'll just know it." Well, that's really never happened...until now. Brian and I recently went on a house-hunting trek to end all treks. Having sold our old house in November, we had about a month to somehow combine our opposite tastes. I love old. Brian loves modern. School districts are most important to me. For Brian, it's more about the house itself. I love projects. Brian, not so much. So when we walked into our new house, I really did just know it was the one. I can't believe how lucky we got. So with a whole lot of knocking on wood and hoping not to anger any Greek Gods with our good fortune, I present our Dream House:You can see all the house photos here. They're by Jeffrey Freeman, and are from when the house was professionally staged, so it of course looks nothing like this right now. At the moment I'm calling our house "Boxlandia" and Declan is having fun playing Spiderman, jumping from any number of the dozens of moving boxes that fill the rooms. Still, it's all ours. I'm feeling quite thankful.

11 comments:

Molly Smith said...

Congratulations, Corrina and Brian! You deserve this ... it is gorgeous! hugs from Texas xo

susanc said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see some photos! What a great way to start the new year! :)

piddix said...

Thanks ladies so much. I'm just bursting. Here's the "Staged" photos before we moved in:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7577384@N04/sets/72157625530494080/

And yes, pics of it with all our crazy stuff will be up at some point.

tricia mckellar said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful house! I know you're thrilled!

Sara said...

Congratulations on your new house, Corinna, Brian and Declan! Sooo exciting! :)

beadgoddess said...

Wow! What a beautiful dream house. I can see why you love it so much. Congratulations!!

Kitty1 said...

I Love your house, but most of all I like the wonderful art images that have inspired my Jewelry.

piddix said...

Thank you so much for all the super-kind comments. We're having so much fun.

Jennifer said...

I love the house. So much light and space. And the storage space in your office, hello!!!

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

So we'll be seeing you on Design*Sponge sneak peaks soon....right!?

piddix said...

Ha! Lara, unless "moving box chic" is a new trend, I think it will be a very long time until the house looks remotely stylish.